A breath of fresh air - Ke Leboha, Thank you!

Dr Mamphela Ramphele has offered South Africans an alternative. Oh yes, you may , so whats new, we've got the DA, Cope and other offshoots, whats the fuss?

I'll tell you what the fuss is....Dr Ramphele is not telling us what we want to hear, stirring up emotional responses and

Mamphela Ramphele
letting us get swept with the moment. She has done exactly what we needed. She has asked the audience to inform the politicians, rather than have the politicians incite the audience to place their vote this way or that, its time for the politicians to choose the people.

She has effectively said, Tell me what you want, join me and we'll do it together. All of I sudden I have this massive rush of hope, to the point that I am virtually filled to the brim with tears.


I see hope for the impoverished in my beloved country, to reach a very basic standard of living, sanitation, education, healthcare - now that the option to stop following like lambs to the slaughter has been opened and instead we can participate, engage and take ownership of our own political, economic and social future. I mean WOW! I want part of this.


Her approach means - We're all in it together, if you're poor you're poor, its not about being white poor, or black poor, its about South African poor. Nor White wealth or Black wealth, its South African wealth, We have the most amazing heritage that so many of us are blindly unaware of.


As a backyard permaculturist, I shudder every time a fire sweeps through Khayelitsha or Dunoon. - Why, you may ask, its a common occurrence? I say, because I have a proposal that I believe could virtually eliminate widespread fires in the townships within five years, Now that Im allowed a voice with Dr Ramphele, maybe I can share it.


I have a proposal that I believe could bring a higher percentage of food security to our poorest - I have hope that I can now share my ideas.


I also see a focus on what we DO have. We have incredible resources and with the correct focus on education, we can turn our country into one of the most prosperous in the world in one generation.


If you read my previous post on debt to South African Society, you will see that the point that I make is that there is so much we can share without anyone being worse off, but certainly in ways that can make us all richer, particularly as a nation.


So folks please go to www.agangsa.co.za, have a read, have a look and know that there is an option, without hate, without anger, without greed. - Now we have to share it and live it.


Ke aleboha - thank you Dr Ramphele - you have my vote - and I have yours!

Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth, a free range human being and a middle aged mum of three adult children and very young grandmother to two little girls, is a glass artist, and a digital strategist, She retains the right to change her mind about anything and believes in a compassionate approach to most things, you can contact her using the contact page on this blog.